Desert Escapes of California & Arizona - end Phoenix, Preview 2022
Desert Escapes Of California & Arizona – End Phoenix, 2022
A holiday for the adventurous, delve into the USA’s desert lands with your travel companions, as you journey from the Golden State to Arizona. Along the way taste and create your own Southwestern flavours, learn about the lives and homes of Hollywood greats and take in the wild terrains and untamed beauty of its national parks. You’ll be joined by your expert Travel Director who will be on hand to guide you throughout your trip.
- Palm Springs: Meet your Travel Director and fellow travellers at 18.00 for a Welcome Dinner.
- Palm Springs: A Highlight Dinner at a local restaurant introduces you to the best of what Palm Springs has to offer.
- Scottsdale: Get to know the authentic flavours of this region as you head to a cooking demonstration and hands on experience. You’ll learn to cook classic Southwestern and Mexican staples such as enchiladas, spicy meat dishes and Spanish rice. Once you’ve learnt from the expert, you’ll indulge in your tasty masterpiece.
- Tucson: Tucson is known for its farmer’s markets, annual food festivals and fairs that specialise in southwestern cuisine. Meet a Local Expert who will guide you through the city on a Foodie Tour, which will be included as your lunch.
- Tucson: Later this evening, toast to your travels with your new friends at your Celebration Dinner before your trip comes to an end tomorrow.
- Dining Summary: 7 Breakfasts (B), 1 Lunch (L) and 3 Dinners with wine (DW).
- Palm Springs: A history and architectural expert will take you on a mid-century architecture tour. Learn about those who have shaped the landscape of Palm Springs.
- Scottsdale: Later, meet with the chef of this evening’s experience for a walk through the stalls of the Old Town Farmers Market.
- Tombstone: In the morning you’ll make your way to historic Tombstone, where a guided tour will introduce you to the once bustling boomtown of the Wild West. Then it offered much-needed entertainment to the many miners that spent hours underground.
- Tucson: There will also be time for stargazing after your meal with a professional astronomer. Look up to the stars through the largest moving compound telescope in the world, as an expert explains the science behind what you’re seeing.
Top Rated Highlights
- Palm Springs: Later, you’ll experience the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway, the world’s largest rotating tram car, as it travels over two-and-one-half miles along the breathtaking cliffs and transports you to the pristine wilderness of the Mt. San Jacinto State Park. As you ascend on your ten-minute journey, the tram car rotates slowly, offering amazing vistas of the valley floor below.
- Joshua Tree: Your knowledgeable Travel Director will bring the park’s history and geology to life.
- Scottsdale: Stop at the Heard Museum for a guided tour. The museum is dedicated to the advancement of American Indian art.
- Scottsdale: Meet a Local Expert who will take you on a guided tour of the property and talk to you about its glitzy Hollywood history and architecture.
- Saguaro: This afternoon you’ll visit Saguaro National Park. Situated in southern Arizona on either side of the city of Tucson, this beautiful park seduces visitors with its wild, rugged features and striking views of the desert landscape.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Arrive in Palm Springs.
Out and about in Palm Springs.
Exploring Joshua Tree National Park.
Palm Springs and Scottsdale.
Flavour of Arizona.
Tucson and Saguaro National Park.